Saturday 3 March 2012

shabby & sweet bridal shower

Sometimes leaving the city can be so peaceful and relaxing.  Much like doing this little table design for Ashley's bridal shower in the lovely town of Carleton Place, just outside of Ottawa. 

When Dana first messaged me, I knew she wanted something extra special for her best friends shower.  She knew all Ashley's favorite desserts and told me she loves the country and romance novels. 

On a tight budget I designed a pretty little display & baked some very special sweets.
 there were 10 guests, so I made a vanilla mini cake with french vanilla buttercream for each lady.
Ashley's has 3 favorite desserts. The first is s'mores, yes! This is the second most amazing way to enjoy a s'more, trust me I ate the tester.

in small mason jars I put a layer of gram cracker crumbs and butter, followed by devils food cake mixed with chocolate ganache and topped with fresh marshmallows. I put them in the oven for 3 minutes on broil and VOILA! the top got nice and toasty and the inside perfectly gooey and warm. Yumminess in a jar!

Ashley's second favorite dessert is lofthouse cookies. Of course, I had to find a way to get a similar taste but make them fresh. I made big soft sugar cookies and topped them with a vanilla almond buttercream frosting. Dana said they were the best cookies she ever tasted. Wohoo, success!
  Her third favorite treat is peanut M&M's.  I made these truffles by grinding up peanut M&M's and mixing them with melted milk chocolate, then rolling the mixture into balls around a full M&M, dipping them in melted semi sweet chocolate and rolling them in cocoa. 
They were super decidant and delicious.
Thank you Dana for making me a part of Ashley's special day!














No comments:

Post a Comment